June 28, 2007

Glazing, glazing, glazing...



We were so creative today. Calder made a comic book out of a Oriental Trading Company Halloween catalog and sold it to me for a dollar. Then he sold it to his grandpa for a dollar. I think my five year old had discovered the secret to financial security. Glazing has been going pretty quickly. I have another day and a half to do and then it is time to fire up the old kiln. Old is an understatement. It is in serious need of some TLC. The lid has some serious rust issues as well as the front and the front bricks are cracked. I may need to invest in a new kiln, sooner rather than later. I just invested in a new digital camera. I recieved an invitation to submit "professional" photos of beads for a book being written about ceramic beads. It would be a honor to be included. Now I am panicking about getting a necklace together and taking a great photo. I do photography as a hobby but am feeling pressure to perform. Here are some photos from the new camera...

1 comment:

belvedere beads said...

too fabulous, too cute, too funny!