March 9, 2010

Fresh Baked Goodness...

Can I say that opening the kiln after every firing is both scary and exciting. I do a little voodoo dance/offering to the fire gods/goddesses before turning the kiln on. Did it work? Will anything explode taking down any piece with in a 10 inch radius? Will anything blister? How about that new glaze will it look OK or like a something the cat barfed up? It is time of worry and excitement!  The tiny earring pieces will be fun to play with and may not even be used for earrings! I wish I had more of them and to celebrate the brand new kiln elements Robert installed, I may do a firing all for me! Just what I want to do! Play a little! The loop-de-loops are a new thought. I'm not sure what they will be or what they should do but they came into my head and now they are here. They are just over 1" tall.

4 comments:

Mellisa said...

Love the idea of the big loopy loop!

Gaea said...

Thanks Mellisa! I'm wondering what they will become?
I am realizing that a side hole in the heart would be a good thing though...

Round Rabbit said...

Those loops are awesome! Excellent idea! Lots of options...

Unknown said...

Gaea you are Always a fresh with fresh ideas! Did I say fresh? but you are!