September 16, 2010

Copy Me! Here's The Plan...

I am so excited that the Copy Me post got such a positive response! I would like, for the benefit of this project, to not throw out your ideas about copying. Negative or positive, they should stay. Put it into your design! When I hear my older kid say to my younger kid "SHE'S COPYING ME!!!" I hear his outrage and frustration in his voice and then I hear them both giggling, trying to out do the other as it becomes a game for them. I want this to be a game. Have fun. Go where you want. Where ever it takes you. Just use the items provided and if the original design inspires you, go there, if not work it out!

So. Here are the list of randomly drawn participants.

Michelle
Erin
For My Sweet Daughter
Lorelei
SueBeads
Spirited Earth

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
16
11
13
2
7
1
Timestamp: 2010-09-16 18:57:38 UTC



The inspiration item is a bracelet with mermaid beads, stamped metal, garnets and chain. I will send 3 mermaid beads and the rest will be up to you. It would be great to be ready to share by blog by the 19th of October. If you do not have a blog, please send photos to me and I can post them. Send me your address and I'll get these out to you ASAP! (gaea (at) gaea (dot) cc)

Have fun!

14 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Should be fun to see what transpires here Gaea. Trusting your creative instincts that I believe are naturally part of everyone's makeup is key to being influenced by another artist. It happens all the time that we find ourselves influenced. It is what you do with it that counts. But I also believe firmly that it is how you respond to it when you might be the inspiration for another that says a lot about who you are. You are showing me that you are a compassionate and understanding artist who wants to broaden our understanding on this subject. Bravo Gaea. I will be watching.

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Lorelei Eurto said...

Awesome! my crossed fingers paid off here, I am excited and the ideas are already flowing. Will email you with my addy. xo

Spirited Earth said...

i am so excited to be selected to participate in this challenge..
thanks so much for thinking of this..it's going to be a learning experience..
i need to put my thinkin' cap on.

Alice said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see what these artists come up with.

I must have missed the original post to sign up.

Fun, fun!

Jeannie said...

Awesome! I'll be watching.

Silver Parrot said...

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with - you've got a really talented group playing your "copy game."

Malin de Koning said...

Oh, now I must admit i am a bit dissappointed the random number generator didn't pick my number, but congrats to all of you who were lucky. It will be so much fun and very interesting to see what comes out of this. Come to think of it I actually have three mermaid beads, so I could participate anyway, kind of on the outskirts. Maybe i will, unless you really don't want me to Gaea. I don't have to show my piece at all in fact. It would just be so much fun for myself to compare with the rest of you.

Gaea said...

It just hit me that anyone who would like to participate surely can! It's actually open to everyone, I'll just be sending beads to the names I pulled. I really wanted to include everyone but had to keep my budget reasonable. So, anyone who wants to participate, PLEASE do! I don't want anyone to feel/be excluded!

Regina said...

Well, you have some great artists in your list, looking forward to seeing their 'copy'. Wonderful idea.

Mellisa said...

So sorry I missed out on seeing this in time to get my name in the hat. I will anxiously await the results!

Unknown said...

That IS great! I look forward to what will be made with the beads your sending out! YeY!

Michelle said...

I look forward to this challenge! This will be a really fun one to share!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

MoonRae said...

Congrats to those chosen, can't wait to see what they create. I will probably play along with my own components
~Sharon~

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Just found out that my name was picked! I am excited to be picked and a little nervous to be in such amazing company. Can't wait to see what we all come up with.
Shannon