October 8, 2010

19 Years Ago Today....

We took the plunge and spoke our vows, promising to be there for each other. And we have.  Through all of the twists and turns, good times and not so good times. Together. It is corny to say, but Robert is the yin to my yang, or maybe he is the yang to my yin, at any rate we balance each other and try to make sense of things together. Even when life is not soft and the skinned knee of our day to day is wearing us out, he makes me laugh. He can drag a smile out of me even when I am, seriously not going to, because I am seriously that mad! When I don't know which end is up, he is my compass. When he says "You are so funny!" I feel giddy! Even though he can't load a dish washer for shit (my creative clutter is catastrophic in his eyes!), I love him dearly! We are on the same page. Together it all feels right.

Together. I hope together is for a very long time. Happy anniversary love!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on your milestone!
Michelle

Alice said...

Happy, happy anniversary! Here's to many more wonderful years together!

Joelle said...

Happy Anniversary! That was a beautiful post. And I don't think any of them can load a dishwasher!

Aunt C said...

Happy Anniversary!
You two are truly blessed, and I count myself lucky to have met you.... : )
Cheers!

Susan said...

Happy day to you both! :-)

Silver Parrot said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment and commitment!

Unknown said...

Aww be Blessed! You two sound so much like hand in hand! Sweet post Gaea! oxoxoxoxo

Regina said...

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more. The dishes can wait...

Shelby said...

Congrats Gaea. It is nice to read a happy story! Love the picture.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! What a great milestone to reach - sounds like you are both very happy :-)