April 17, 2009

Vacation!

We took our very first family vacation this easter weekend! IT WAS GREAT! We did the whole San Diego thing and in record time. Actually it was our first vacation since 1994! If you've not been to an amusement park lately be prepared to spend money like it's printed in your basement! Since we've not been out of the house in over a decade, you can only imagine what a shock it must have been for us! But we had such a great time it hardly matters! At Sea World, I cried like a baby during the Shamu show! Killer Whales are just amazing and it made me a bit sad that they are kept in captivity, though they surely live well and are protected. If I can figure out how to get the photos off of my antiquated digital camera I'll post some! I think the kids actually had the most fun in the hotel's swimming pool as it was quite the posh experience for us all. Cabanas, heated pool, and abundant towels!

In spite of my good intentions to bring work with me, and I did, it just didn't get as much done as I'd have liked. And you know what they say about a watched pot.... well, when I'd left on vacation I only had a handful of orders to wrangle but returned (thankfully!) to a pot over boiling! Thanks bead lovers! So now I'm in extreme catch up mode! Up early! Up late! I'm working really hard to get things out to you fabulous people in a timely fashion!

Here are some new sketches...



and some new earrings! I may have to turn into Frida Kahlo now....



I'm hoping to get some of my inspiration from our trip out on paper today!

8 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Good stuff Gaea! Glad you had a good vacation. 1994? I'm thinking you need a couple more vacations this year.

Gaea said...

Thanks! We have seriously been bitten by the vacation bug now!

sharon said...

I have to go on some kind of vacation at least once a year or i'll seriously crack up!! Love the petals heart idea and the lotus heart!! love, love love them!

Mellisa said...

The new sketches look great! Can't wait to see the kiln results. Where did you stay in SD? I hope that your time here wasn't when it was all windy/rainy this past week!

FunkyMonkey Girls said...

vacation is awesome and so is Frida:) Glad to hear you had such fun!

Funky Monkey Girls,
Jolene/Donna

Anne Hartman said...

Gaea - I LOVE the new drawings! My daughter is getting married next year, and daisies are her favorite flower - might need some of those daisy hearts for some bridesmaid's gifts! Would also love to see larger sugar skulls. And WHERE can I get those earrings?!!

Anne

Gaea said...

Thanks Anne! The earrings are out at a magazine for photos (I probably shouldn't have put them on the blog!) but they were just too darn cute! I'm hoping to do all the small skull beads as larger, flatter multi colored pendants!

Gaea said...

Thanks Funky Monkey Girls! We are now talking about our next vacation! I hope it doesn't take us 15 years to do it! Although the kids will be grown by then... We'll have to plan for that eventuality as well! : O