February 7, 2011

My Morning Went Up In Flames!

Last September I got all fired up (pun intended!) and purchased an enameling kit from Barbara Lewis' Painting With Fire etsy shop. I just busted it out of it's box this morning and it was like the idea of it set ME on fire and I couldn't be stopped! Laundry? What ever!? Dirty Dishes!? F$#& off! I cleared a path to a table and then cleared the table! Set up a kiln shelf and un-bagged a few colors. Read the instructions for the 10th time and then held my breath....
The unnerving sound of the torch was a bit to overcome but once I had a bead held in front of the flame, everything else melted away (I really do apologize for all the punnyness!) Rolling the bead on the wire in the heat I dipped it into the white and returned it to the flame. WOW! It melts! Two more times and then I was ready for some color! A light lavender color.
Then the idea hit me and I shut it all down to bend some wire! First some simple overlapping rings then some tear shapes.
Periwinkle, white and lilac.

 If I have it all up and going I may as well attack it! I think I may need to make some rings too! I am so excited to have this new tool in my design tool belt!

8 comments:

Jen Judd said...

Awesome! I'm signed up for Barbara's class in April and I can't wait!!

ClickNCamera said...

Wow, what pretty colors! I love the blue enamel. I bought her torch kit too and it's great fun, isn't it?! You go girl...

Angel Whisperer said...

That looks funny to try :) I have a torch but not the rest.....
I got Your pretty beads some days ago and I do love them!!! what a job to make those tiny pretty beads...and the heart is lovely THANKS!!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Soooo Jealous - I can't wait to be able to do this it looks like a blast!

Unknown said...

Those are so beautiful!!

PK Studios said...

You go girl! Love the results! I'm inspired : )

Kate said...

That looks flaming awesome ;) I so want to try it. It's on my "To Do when all the kids are in school" list. Love your colors!

betty m said...

It's great fun and you look like a natural!