September 25, 2011

Heavy Heart.

It has been a tough week. But also a lovely blog hop. Thank you to Lori Anderson for hosting such a wonderful event. I am still making my way around to the various blogs. Thanks for all the lovely comments! Looking at it a week later (and with a few hours of sleep), I think I was perhaps a bit hard on myself!

There have been a few things that have been weighing heavy in my heart. One was the loss of a loved one. The other I will talk about later. My stepfather Clarence passed away in July not more than a few days after my sons birthday. It was a total shock and our family is muddling through. I have tough memories and sweet memories. Mostly sweet. He was literally a rocket scientist and worked at his job for over 30 years. When I was a teenager our relationship was like that of siblings which probably stemmed from the fact that he had no biological children. Thinking back on those times I realize how difficult it must have been for him to have this raging ball of teen hormones set loose in his home. The smart man that he was, he tried in vain to help this math phobic with what must have been to him the most basic of math homework. I'm sure he was frustrated with my total lack of skill but would never show it. I would simultaneously marvel and be frustrated at how he could seemingly pull the answers from his hat. We celebrated his life this weekend and I was lucky to meet many of his friends and colleagues. Like math, life isn't always easy and we will miss him... times 10 to the 10th power.


7 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Hugs! I feel your pain <3

somethingunique said...

Hi Gaea, sorry you have been going through a rough patch...i have as well...i really enjoyed your story so thanks for sharing such a personal part of your life...it's one of the things i really love about blogging is the way we all share our stories whether it's a cool creation,Happy or sad times, words of encouragment or inspiration... we have each other to lean on when we need a friend...know my shoulder will always be there for you xoxo Lana

Alice said...

Gaea, I'm so sorry for your loss. Words seem hollow in this instance, but you are in my thoughs and prayers.

Yolanda M. said...

I'm sorry to hear about this Gaea. The loss of a loved is always difficult. Memories help ease the pain bit by bit, and I find that sometimes they even put a smile on one's face, I see that as drops of medicine to help and continue healing. Hugs.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. You have wonderful memories that you can pull out when you need them and they will always be there to comfort you.
Michelle

Gaea said...

Hi Guys,
Thank you for your calming words. I appreciate it to no end!

TeriB said...

My BSBP post is FINALLY up! I'm late, but I did finish. Please hop over to http://borntobewornjewelry.wordpress.com to read about my beads and design!