February 7, 2008

Sweetest things



I am typically not a valentines sort of gal. I love hearts, flowers, pink red and the like, but don't feel like you need one specific day to express all that pink, red and heartiness. But this year somehow feels different. Maybe it is the elections or the economy or just the way I'm feeling, but I'm really into it this year! I must need a fun distraction. I am having so much fun with the heart and skull charms! I have been wearing them and totally feeling it. Maybe it's because I've been trying my darndest to keep on a healthy eating plan and get out and exercise that I've not been indulging in the typical Valentines goodies. The jewelry has become my no calorie sweet treat. They are the sweetest things! This song gets me every time!

4 comments:

Joelle said...

I have always loved that song to, but had never seen the video! Wow, if I had to marry a rock star, he'd be it, no question. Sigh...

Gaea said...

Even with those silly sun glasses? I Like how that out shines him as a human and activist/rock god! Silly video too!

melanie brooks said...

HAHAHA I have never seen that video before! I never really got into U2, I don't know why. It seems I would love them. I mean I totally repect them, but don't listen to them.

I feel the same way as you about Valentines usually, but this year I am mushy too! And of course I expressed it with punk rock hearts and skulls too.

Gaea said...

It's funny I think I'm a U2 fan but not enough to actually own anything they've done in the last 15 years. I was all about them in high school! WHoo Hoo! Punk rock Valentines! I'd never seen the video before but have adored this song for ages. In fact I remember this song in the late 80's and then they re-released it in the mid 90's like it was new. Very confusing. I clearly remember wearing a hole through the casingle?!!??! Hmmmm...