January 25, 2009

Totally Unrelated...



The rings were fun to make. Here they are after being soldered, pickled and tumbled to remove any fire scale. All these new terms and techniques are fun to learn and do. I'm told I can hit Caitriona up for any soldering time. I'll try not to abuse the privilege. I took the photo on top of Magnolias newest water color adventure. She does love the water colors! I'm hoping to texture them and use the liver of sulphur to darken them. I also read about a less toxic patina technique involving freshly smashed hard boiled eggs and a plastic bag. That might be fun to do with the kids. My son enjoys bending copper wire, so a dip into the tarnish may be fun as well. I have a few metal tag projects planned but am picking out a few gemstone beads to go with them. Deep rich colors are calling to me. I did a few sketches over the holidays for some new ideas. Heather Powers has some really beautiful jewelry illustrations she did on the Art Bead Scene Blog....

On a totally unrelated musical note... How much do I love Grace Jones? A lot.

No comments: