July 8, 2009

Cracklin' good time!

My friend Linda requested a mermaid necklace as a gift for her daughter a while back and has asked for one to be made as a gift for herself. She requested blues and creams and whites and I'm taking the opportunity to add in a few crackled beads that have a tint to them. I'm hoping the finished necklace will look like the ocean surf. Linda is a minister and will be wearing her necklace to perform the marriage ceremony at a hawaiian theme wedding! Here are some of the beads with the crackle that have been tinted with ink....



How cute are the little squirrels on the ink bottle?!



Here are some crackle beads tinted and not.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Hi Gaea! I looove your crackle beads, in fact I posted a necklace today and last week using some. I took your advice and stained them, but I could't find Windsor Newton ink here, so I bought one by Tim Holtz that is a spray, and they turned out great!

mairedodd said...

love your beads, had no idea that was how you could stain them... can't wait to see the necklaces...

Gaea said...

I've used different inks and some stain the whole bead plus the crackles, which gives a really glowing effect! The white crackle beads work best for the "antiquing" but I bet the other colored crackle glaze could be cool too! Oh goodie! More experiments!

deevaa said...

I love, love love W&N. They seriously have the best packaging!