July 29, 2010

Exploration...

Exploration is the act of searching or traveling a terrain (including space) for the purpose of discovery of resources or information.


I have joined the ABS Blog Carnival and this months theme is EXPLORATION. Which I love! For me a trip to the bank is and exploration. These photos were taken right outside their front door! Exploration and discovery can happen around every corner.



Pulling these little bead bundles together has helped me explore colors and shapes and has helped me think of some new design ideas.



Working in clay makes every day an exploration. It seems to have a life of it's own and never fails to surprise and excite me. I've been exploring new shapes in the clay and new glaze combinations which I can't wait to pull out of the kiln later in the week!


8 comments:

Jeannie said...

I WANT ONE OF THOSE HEARTS. I watch your website for them.

What kind of flower is that, it's beautiful.

Gaea said...

Thank you Jeannie! I think the flower is a Cosmos flower (aren't the colors amazing!) and I'll be listing a few hearts in my etsy shop sometime next week after the firing!

Lorelei Eurto said...

i'm loving those hearts too G!

Unknown said...

Everything you touch has the Midas touch!!

Gaea said...

Janet! You are too funny! And kind!

Tara P. said...

That second flower is amazing! At first glance, it looked glass or ceramic!

Gaea said...

The second is a close up of a succulent! I just love them!

cindydolezaldesigns said...

Great photography. Thanks for the post.