August 9, 2011

Drop In The Bucket

This weekend has had a long and woozy feel to it, mostly because I've been fighting off a throat thing. You know the one. That burning, scratching, lumpy feeling. Yuck. I know I feel bad when I actually lay down and do (yikes) nothing.
Water.

Mud.


I think all the pressure to complete this firing, brought it on. Or maybe it was licking all those door knobs. 

Tobi, my friend and fellow artist from my local artist co-op, Made In Ojai, told me about a chairty project she and her father are involved in, www.safewaterintl.org. They are having a fundraiser this week and wanted a water theme necklace, which I provided the "water drop" for. The problem was the glaze decided not to cooperate. Too much and you get gunk. Too little and it looks patchy and not blue. I managed to re-glaze enough for the project and of course I can't leave a kiln half loaded, so I made some of these...




And of course a few more of these...
I played with how much glaze was added to the acorn.

3 comments:

Alicia Coats said...

I LOVE the water droplets & already have a design brewing in my head for their use if you decide to make more & post them for sale on Etsy!! :0) The double heart design is so cute & I love the colors of the latest acorn beads. Your ceramics are delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Karen Gille said...

I LOVE those acorn pendants. I have a little shibuchi acorn that would look great with one of these. Will they be available on Etsy? I hope so!

Carlene said...

Yes, yes, make more drops. I love them and would definately get some. And loooove those heart bowls. Your goodies are the best!