May 27, 2011

It's Not Always The Destination...

I was cursing when it happened but I learned so much from it that I couldn't be too mad. It also reminded me to pick up new tools and the gem fair and am really excited to use them.

The honking chip out of the ceramic piece could have been avoided if I was just a bit more patient. Not with the hammering but with the soldering. It seems to be much harder than the copper and if it ends up anyplace you need to hammer or bend, forget about it! Which is what happened here...


Now I am waiting for the super snazzy hole punch that I ordered online, that will make a perfect hole in one punch, unlike the super unperfect hole I made with my super cheep hole punch. But again, punching the hole right on the edge taught me something as well... how to solder a ring to the edge...


But I really feel like I'm getting a bit better with this soldering thing. Apparently you need more than 2 hands or to really plan things out...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them... so beautiful, rustic and very cool...
Thanks for sharing the journey...
Take care,