May 28, 2011

Well, Read.

I have been stacking up the books lately and lamenting the lack of time I have to read them.

One that I have read is ceramic artist Sabine Brunners tale of "My Cat Kevin" which is sweet and cleverly illustrated with her ceramic work. It is a book about an adopted cat is at the top of our bedtime reading.

Jewelry Upcycled! is another satisfyingly photographed gem of DYI jewelry inspiration by Sherri Haab and is exactly what it states. Unlikely items that seem to be at the end of their life are turned into fabulous works of jewelry art. Who knew the ass end of a plastic soda bottle had such potential!


Tragically, I finished The Hunger Games trilogy and am haunted by it and being in desperate need of a laugh picked up Eats, Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss. Her humorous chronicle of the demise of punctuation has me laughing out loud and at myself! I'm sure she would have a field day with me!


What's turning your pages?



5 comments:

somethingunique said...

Hi Gaea, i'm not much of a reader except for any type of jewelry books and mags the one on my table right now is "Wire Art"by Sharilyn Miller she is my fav wire artist her books instuctions are so clear and with pictures to show each step. ttfn L:)

Unknown said...

I too read the hunger games, the trilogy and I found myself not being able to put it down, for a teen fiction series I thought I was very well done, but scary if that was ever something that happened to our world. My reading has been diverse as of late reading Freakanomics, The Social Animal and now We Need To Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver. This won is going to be an emotional griper, I just started.

Have a great weekend.
Penny

Mary Harding said...

Great post about Books Gaea. I hnve been reading this and that this winter but nothing really great. Just started Swamplandia! and it is so wonderful. I feel like I have finally found a book to love. Hope it continues this way. Have a great Holiday weekend.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, your playing morphine.

Loved the first book!

CraftyHope said...

Oh! I loved the Hunger Games trilogy also and have also been stumbling around for something else to match it since then. I've picked up a couple of young adult novels and a romance since then; but they just don't compare.
Currently, I've just started "Jane Eyre" Somehow I've never read it. I figured it was about time.
I'm dying to read "Eats Shoots & Leaves" but haven't been able to get it on my e-reader yet. One day!

Enjoy!