May 23, 2011

Weekend Fun.

It has been fun reading what people reward themselves with for hard work or a job well done! Many of us are enjoying chocolate (not so much a reward at my house, but a nessessity like air or water) while others of us are glad to uncork a bottle of happy (sounds good to me!). Feel free to add your favorite reward to the list (here) to win some beads...

The Santa Barbara Bead and Gem Show was this weekend and as yet another way to reward myself for some hard work, I went with my very talented jewelry designer friend Caitriona Meek.  We've known each other since we were 12/13 and I always have such a good time with her. The show was pretty quite but we found what we were looking for and then some!






YUM!


Can't wait to play!

8 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

gorgeous! i am jealous! i definitely love those big chunky faceted stones!

SueBeads said...

Gorgeous! Love love! The skulls are too cool!

Andrew Thornton said...

Great stash! What are those juicy, blue-green faceted stones about three pictures down? Those are particularly lovely!

Gaea said...

I am terrible about writing the types of gems down when it's new to me! Bad! I think it was a florite or floride that was treated with a gold coating. I felt like I was being handed a line about them, even though I wanted them anyway. I guess it was a slow day and he was over selling it so I sort of tuned it out. Or I was just distracted with all the pretty around me! I'll try to remember! I know it was sunlightgems.com. Of course he told me it was the last strand of a very desirable lot that he had that he didn't know when he'd get more.... I think I will have flash backs from that booth for years to come! LOL!

PK Studios said...

Lovely beads!!! My little indulgence...a small chunk of dark chocolate - "New Moon" (74%) Dagoba is my favorite (sound so Ojai...LOL!). See you at TKD tomorrow!

Alice said...

Gorgeous beads!!! Love the watery blue ones. If I don't write the bead type down I always get caught at shows by a customer wanting to know 'what stone is that?'--and me with my mouth hanging open and a blank look on my face....it never fails.

Anonymous said...

My reward varies, but lately I must say...it been stuck in chocolate mode...
The beads are very beautiful...
Take care.

My Life Under the Bus said...

: O ..... That AB coating is pretty damn awesome I forget what they do to them but the color is fantastic! Love the first set too Just gorgeous!!!...and now I have to peel my eyes off of the screen...