November 16, 2008

Squeak, Squeakity Squeekin...

Did you know we speak squirrel? It may say November on the calendar, but it feels like freakin' summer! It was in the mid 90's this week and dry as all get up. Even with this weather I am in a fall state of mind. And for some reason squirrels say "Fall" to me. With all of their gathering of acorns and adorableness it is hard not to be in love with them. From our kitchen window we watch them chatter and scurry, chasing each other sometimes four or five at a time, sometimes startling us when they run across the roof. My son decided this squirrel's name should be "Clover". So cute and fitting. We have a friend Clover so it is a good fit. Although "she" is starting to look more like a "he" to me, with the hat and flower and all. This will need some consideration.





I think it is fun to see the drawing come to life. She looks a bit different but not too much. I am racing to get her done so I can put her and some of her squirrelish accessories in this months firing...

What reminds you of Fall? Leave a comment by next Friday and I may have a squirrel friend to send you!

5 comments:

peacockfairy said...

One of the best things I love about Fall is burning warm and spicy candles in scents of cinnamon, apple and vanilla! Yum!

Round Rabbit said...

What a cute little squirrel!
Cider and donuts are very big Fall reminders around here. I could smell cider in May and instantly feel like it is October. I just love - it's my favorite time of year!

Carlene said...

Fall is when our last apple tree is ready to harvest and the horses start to get their furry winter coats. Oh and don't forget the fog that rolls in and makes it look like headless horseman weather. That's fall! I love fall. It is definately my favorite season.
The squirrel is a cutey!

Anonymous said...

Fall - marching bands, high school football games (I've had daughters in high school for the last 6 year, both in marching band, so I've spent a lot of time in the bleachers!), caramel apples and hot spiced cider! And I love the squirrel - so cute!

Brandy said...

This is so cute!