November 15, 2008

Sweet Hearts...

This is an ornament that has been a back burner project for FOREVER. Geeez! Our dear friend Dean had thrown the idea of a hippo sculpture at me a while back. Finding it difficult to think about an actual "sculpture" was a challenge and I couldn't pull myself out of my jewelry freak mode to actually sculpt a free standing figure, which I am sure was what he was hoping for. This is how the "Bella" pendant came to be. Any chance I get to create something girly I jump on. His cutie-pa-tootie is getting to be such a big girl and I love things for the little ones so of course there had to be a wall hanging for her. This is the Sweet Heart ornament and it literally has her name on it!



It is now hanging above her bed in their new house. Dean tells me that many of the ornaments from years past are hanging in their house, which I find sweet and comforting. We have many an image and musical reminders of them as well. It is nice to know we are thinking about each other even if we don't get to visit nearly as often as life would let us. Friends. What would we do with out our sweetest hearts around us...

1 comment:

Joelle said...

Oh, Dean and everyone else on the planet should check out the unreal newborn pygmy hippo videos on Cute Overload right now! Pocket Hippo! So teeny! So rubbery! Smaller than my cat!