June 11, 2010

GOLD!

I've had this gold glaze on my shelf for about 3 years. I tried it once and then couldn't remember what it looked like. I just remember that it looked nothing like the web photo from the company site. I've been wanting to add some metallic glazes as a contrast to the brights and watery colors I've been glazing in. Here is how some of the beads turned out...



Still nothing like what I expected but I really like it! They may need a thicker coating of glaze to be more metallic. They look a bit like golden toned lava rocks. I'm still looking for a shinny metallic glaze...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gaea these beads would break up a design to add a wonderful touch so I will say I love them! lol

Mellisa said...

I have a similar glaze (or the same if you're doing mid-fire) and found that it really needs to go on thick to get a good metallic result...unfortunately that obliterates any details on my pendants :)

Gaea said...

Hi Janet! Thanks for your kind words!

Hi Mellisa! I was wondering if more would be better! I figured they would be best with plain shapes with no detail! I'll really glob it on next time!