June 23, 2010

Swoon.

Here are some of the buttons that I made in the last firing. Some lavender buttons would have been sooooo cute!!! WHHHHAAAAA! Ok. Moving on...

I've been trying to get a gem like effect out of my beads by playing with glaze and shape. I felt like these were getting pretty gemmy.




Then I saw Nancy's work on The Rabbit Muse blog and swooned "That is it!" She cleverly carved them to be like faceted gemstone beads. Then I saw bead artist Diane Hawkey's little faceted gems and swooned all over again. There was also a sweet little faceted pewter charm posted on the Green Girl Studios blog that must have been removed. Swoon again. Are you seeing a pattern. I wanted to put my own touch on their great technique....


7 comments:

BahamaDawn said...

love these new beads and buttons....just beautiful!

Silver Parrot said...

Oooh...I'm loving all of these things. I want one of each LOL!

Gaea said...

I wish there were more hours in the day to just play, play, play! Did that rhyme? Ha! Thanks!

Mellisa said...

I thought I had come up with the brilliant idea to facet some beads then saw Diane's before I even tried it...harumph, I'm not the innovator I thought! Love what you did with the hearts, super cute :)

Gaea said...

Hi Melissa,
I did the same thing! It still felt like It would be perceived as thievery! I wouldn't want anyone to feel like that! I love the technique though! I'm wanting to carve up all my beads! I had an art teacher say "A good idea doesn't care who it belongs to." Yah, but the people who think them sure do!

Unknown said...

I think I missed the give-away but I wanted to tell you how much I adored the buttons.
Several jewelry designs lept (sp?) to mind when I saw them and I can't wait to purchase!

Gaea said...

Hi missficlemedia!
I'm glad you like the buttons! They are fast becoming a favorite thing to play with and make! I'm hoping to add them to the site soon!