February 2, 2010

Heart to Heart...




I went to drop off my contribution to the heart display and contest at Made In Ojai this morning and it was so great to see all the lovely hearts on display! Everyone is really getting into it! I'll have to remember my camera and take some photos of the shop! In making this heart it felt good not to follow the original plan too strictly. Most of the original design elements that I wanted survived and some elements that I wasn't sure of didn't make it to the final piece. I enjoyed working with acrylics for a change. It is so good to get out of the everyday mindset. Here are a few snaps of mine in progress and the final outcome. Happy Groundhog Day!

4 comments:

FunkyMonkey Girls said...

too cute!!!!!!!!!!

Funky Monkey Girl,
Jolene

SummersStudio said...

This is a very fun piece. I love the mix of ceramics and papier mache (?). I definitly agree that it is good to get outside of your 'normal' from time to time.

Gaea said...

Hi Jolene! I should have known you would like this!

Hi LeAnn! OH! You're a fellow Capricorn too! (just noticed on your blogger about me!) Happy Birthday! I'm having a hard time moving away from the fun new stuff and getting back to focus on clay. I can't take too much of a detour!

Joelle said...

Are you kidding me?! That purple heart about keeeled me! You are amazing. xoxo