August 28, 2008

Her early works...



Some day she will have these (if she can pry them away from me!) and hopefully remember the fun she had "working with mama". She sits with me while I'm working, telling me "Oh, such pretty beads, mama!" I give her a lump of clay and she mashes and molds it, sometimes asking for help but usually happy with her own ability and ideas. I stay out of the way and just admire. The pure joy and focus of a 3 year old is infectious. I try to relax when her little hands wander away from her work and into mine. It is all beauty. Pure joy and beauty...

1 comment:

Jeraluna said...

Beautiful!I am sure she will cherish these beauties when she is older.
My 3 year old loves to help me too! She loves it when I break out the non-toxic glazes for her to paint, some interesting colors happen. It is fun to see what leaps from their imaginations into the clay.