March 30, 2009

The Flea Market...

I used to have a booth at our local flea market about every two months. Since my girl was born I've been, well, busy. But my friend Lynn called me a few weeks back and was wondering if we could share a booth. Lynn is a sculptor and teacher and she was my first ceramic teacher in college and she has some new tiles of her sculptures to display. It was a slow quiet day which was just fine with me as the company and conversation was so wonderful. Her ideas about life and women's rolls in our society are intriguing and reflected in her work. As we were talking I realized that we have known each other for 21 years. We talked about our families, politics, sex in our society, art. I had a great time. I hope we can do it again soon.

On a bead note I found these great glass beads by bead artist Tass Rupp. Her booth was 2 stalls down and her work is delish! I know a certain owl lovin' gal who will want to get her hands on some of these (Lorelei!). Sadly, my email to her bounced and I couldn't locate her etsy shop! Ugh!

3 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

DARN IT! these are some sweet beads!!

CrystalGoddessLisa said...

Hi Gaea,
I enjoyed meeting you at the Ventura Fleamarket last Sunday. It is so much fun to shop for your beads in person so I hope that you will continue to be a vendor. I'm currently working on a new piece with the beads I purchased and hope to send you a pic soon.
~Lisa

TassRupp said...

Hey - It's me Tass Glass, what nice comments - I like you all already. My email is tassrupp@live.com and my pathetic etsy sight is tassrupp.etsy.com (I sooo need a real photographer. Write if you need something! Tass