April 9, 2009

Not quite right...

It is that time again! "Submission" time! With a flurry of activity in the studio I got all my pending packages in the mail and on time! Whoo Hoooo! It feels like I submitted about a million things to about a million magazines and I still managed to for get to send photos to submit some things. How did this bracelet not make it into the email? I create a list and yet it still got overlooked?



It's already gone through a bit of a redesign with a handmade clasp and some more dangly beads...


And yet sometimes things aren't accepted and I know before the verdict is in that they aren't up to muster....


Like this necklace...



"One Fine Day" is so much more of a Spring than a Fall. I've already started a redesign.


Or this one, which showed more promise from the sketch....



than the actual necklace that I made....



I think if I'd actually followed the "plan" it may have turned out better....

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

They're all so fun and whimsical! I love the rain cloud necklace! the bird might be in awkward place when worn... might be prickly on the neck.
I love the overall make up of the necklace though...all the elements go perfectly together!

Gaea said...

The bird is part of the redesign! I'm putting her closer to the cloud and am going to make a clasp that relates to the whole story better!

SummersStudio said...

Maybe you are too hard on yourself? I think they look quite good especially the bird one.

belvedere beads said...

thankyou for sharing your sketch! i love to see other peoples note books.