May 8, 2010

Hello! My name is Sucker" update

So I told this customer that I'd only deal with USPS, UPS or FedEx and I think they figured out that I'm not falling for their scam. Pegs posted a comment on the original post saying that she'd gotten an email like this at her office and the scammers own the "shipping company" and take your money when you give them a credit card to ship the package. I really hope no one falls for this scam. Who do you even report these things to? I'm going to give their email to my I.P. and see if they can do anything.

This sounds like a similar scam....

2 comments:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'm always saying if it doesn't sound right, feel right, then it sure as .... isn't right. Bill gets more of these types of odd requests than I do. My biggest gripe lately is asking for a custom piece and making excuses for 4 weeks as to why you haven't purchased it yet....under $10.

Gaea said...

Ain't that the truth! There is no such thing as a free lunch!