January 6, 2010

Creative tornado!




The year is off with a bang and back into the work. I'm having a hard time sleeping with all the ideas and things going on in life at the moment! The Made In Ojai store is having an awesome event. If you are local, please stop by to see it...



For the event, I thought it would be great fun to ask other artists at the co-op to collaborate on a coloring book for the event. Just some simple line drawings put together to hand out as a fun "thank you" for being there. So far we have collected a few mermaid drawings which is fun! Another fun event will be our heart design challenge. We will be decorating these hearts and displaying them in the store then possibly auction them off for charity. I was really inspired by Cynthia Thorntons art clay locket from her book "Enchanted Adornments". If you haven't seen it, it's quite amazing! A secret hiding place in a heart! Love it! I'm really excited to get started on this!

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

love the heart. your drawing is so whimsical!..i wish i was in the area i would definitely show up!.

Gaea said...

I should have asked Santa for a small, less cumbersome camera so I can blog about the event! I'll have to borrow a camera! You'll be there in spirit!