July 25, 2012

Christmas In July.

Every time. It never gets old. Opening the kiln is like Christmas! We have finally gotten into our summer routine. Up a little too late but enjoying sleeping in as well. Actually, the kids have managed to sleep in, I've been surviving on 6 hours a night and lots of caffeine! But the thrill of newness in the kill also keeps me going! Summer camps and visits with friends. Trips to the water park for swimming and cooling off. Making time for all this has been tough and keeping up with orders has made me reflect on what is working in my life and what isn't. I've taken a leave of absence from Made In Ojai. I dearly love the artist and the support that has been shared but sometimes you just need to take a step back and evaluate what is working and what is not. Saying "no" is good and for me is necessary. I think as a society we want to give everything our all. For me that means giving everything my all but limiting what my all is going to be....



1 comment:

Alice said...

Gorgeous stuff! I think my heart would go pitter patter at just the thought of opening the kiln. I'm so jealous!