April 19, 2008

Well I've really gone and done it now.


I will have to say that I am not the most... how to say this... dissiplined of people. I guess I really like to do what I like to do and don't really like to do much else. It isn't selfish so much as things don't always go down well when it isn't my idea. Mental block? Probably. Stubborn? Definiately! So when my daughters co-op school called asking If I would like a position on the board next fall to help run the school I didn't mean to blurt out laughing. I really did try to stiffle my guffaw. How desperate are these people? I have trouble keeping up with my own business let alone someone else's. But I guess that is the point of a co-op and we dearly love our little school. It does take up a lot of time with fundraisers and work days, but I love being around the kids and the parents are really wonderful people. I've made so many great friends through my kids. So I've been charmed by the little school that could (along with the free day of school for my daughter!) and will now be the secretary for Ojai Valley Community Nursery School. Those who have come before me have been really great with the advice. So, If you have any words of wisdom, please, chime in!

No comments: