January 13, 2011

Thank you, Andrew! And a Stringing Lesson!

Lovely artist and jewelry designer Andrew Thornton, must have seen my feeble attempts at using stringing wire and took pity on me! To my utter surprise (and serious excitement!) he sent me a fantastic package with these treats in it! I am so excited to use them! Thank you andrew! 



Then I got an email from the lovely folks at Beaducation asking me if I would like to try one of their online stringing classes. Who am I to turn down learning something new! I was dubious. Will I be able to sit through a whole lesson? What if I don't have time to do it all at once? But I was really impressed! Their site was easy to navigate and I was able to pause the video to answer the phone or grab a cup of coffee and I didn't even have to get in the car and go anywhere! Since I had the beading wire that Andrew sent me I was off and running! I loved that the lesson was broken up into section and I could go back over it again and again! I'm not done with my lesson yet so I have no project to show but maybe after the kids are in bed tonight I will give it another go!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww nice Surprise! You know in last years bead Party my partner said she took a Beadeducation class and wow what she learned was so inexpensive and what shes made is gorgeous! They are really great!

Andrew Thornton said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad that the wire arrived safely. And no... I didn't notice any "feeble attempts" but it's always nice to be able to play with a new material when you've started a new project. Hope you enjoy!